11 November 2009

No School!

From november 2009

Today was another beautiful day and the kids enjoyed an afternoon at Hummer Park.  This contraption that William is on is their favorite.  It spins you around and around and the speed is determined by the size of the child. 

You can see by his attire that we are a house divided in the Big Ten.  But seemingly the Illini and the Hoosiers can peacefully coexist.

On the way home from the park I was driving up Middaugh and something caught my eye.  I opened my window and looked back.  There was a hawk sitting on top of a car parked in the street.  I figured I'd chance it and put the car into reverse until we were even with the hawk.  We all rolled down our windows and he didn't move.  I can't believe we were so close.  He was staking out the Carroll's house.  She has seen him quite a bit trying to snag some goodies in her front hedge.  After watching him for a while the kids decided to make a few noises so they could see his amazing wingspan.  I wasn't able to catch that on camera. 

From november 2009

No comments: